Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Please take me to Sweden. K?

You guys, I want to go to Sweden now. I'm rapidly becoming obsessed. Here are 5 reasons you should take me.

1. Swedes make the dopest horror movies. Case in point: Dead Snow (Nazi Zombies!) and Let the Right one In (Androgynous Child Vampires!)

Pic via Only Good Movies Blog.










2. They put hotels in the trees. When you take me to Sweden, I want to stay at the Treehotel, where each room is in a separate building suspended in the canopy of the Boreal forest. Magic!






















3. Lingon-fucking-berries. What are they? No one knows. I want to eat them.


4. If Lykke Li is any indication, Swedish clubs must be off.the.hoooook.






5. Niklas Hjalmarsson. I don't want really want to be pregnant, but I could make an exception. And when his body fails and he has to quit being a defenseman for the Blackhawks, he clearly has a future as a commercial actor. I feel he would make an excellent tour guide through his hometown of Eksjo. Pic via Talk-sports forum.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you never make it to Sweden, you are welcome to take my place at family's Christmas dinner. My aunt makes lingonberry jam, brings pickled herring, and my mom makes Swedish meatballs in grape jelly. Oh, and there's some sort of Santa Lucia candle lighting ritual with the eldest daughters...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to Sweden in two weeks! I'll report back and let you know if the horror movies are true.
    -Sarge

    ReplyDelete