Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fuck Yeah Slumber Party

It took me until about 6th grade before I could handle slumber parties. I was an anxious kid and the overwhelming excitement of all my friends and being away from home often sent me into a tizzy and I ended up with a stomachache, calling my parents to come get me.

Once that phase (if 12 years of life can be considered a phase) passed, I rocked the sleepover like no other. Some of my favorite memories include giggling at the transsexual parts of Soapdish at Allison Fox's house and barfing up homemade pizza at Mandy Quirke's.

In 2011, I want to have a killer slumber party. Here is my fantasy.

First, we rent out a suite at the Peninsula. Why the Peninsula? Because it is so swank that it has fucking lion statues. FUCKING LIONS. That's high end, yo.

Here's my guest list:

1. Liz Lemon. Someone needs to wear a cardigan and write awesome prank call scripts.



2. Princess Adora, alter ego of She-Ra. Adora was cooler, and this is a party for just the popular kids.






3. Andrea Randall. She was my BFF in 2nd grade. She had long silky brown hair and could lipsynch to Starship like nobody's business. She also had 4 older brothers, which was pretty rad. She can bring them too.

4. Meryl Streep. Imma try to get her to go lez.





5. Leslie Hall of Leslie and the LYs. Because she helped cultivate the modern hipster and this party needs a lot of spandex and lamé.






And then of course, I will also invite the cool "common people" in my circle of awesome. Like you.

I'm devising drinking games for the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and the Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. This will ensure that we are pretty lubricated before we start prank-calling boys. Then we'll put on Labyrinth to undo all the weirdness from the previous two movies.

There will also be food. I will hire a fancy chef like Graham Elliott or Rick Bayless to make us sandwiches or tostadas. They will have to make them cookie cutter small, so us girls don't mess up our dope manicures.

I'm not sure yet who will DJ our dance party, but I'm leaning toward Slash. I think he'd bring the right vibe.

Date TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment