Monday, January 31, 2011

Ode to Lynne Stone

If you are a girl from my generation, it's rather plausible that you too obsessed hard over the iconic 1985 flick, Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Starring a youuunnnggg SJP, Helen Hunt, Shannen Doherty, and Jonathan Silverman, it was my visual bible.

Although SJP (Janey Glenn) was the darling of the movie, I totally wanted to be Helen Hunt's character, Lynne Stone. She was funny, she was mischievous, she was an INDIVIDUAL. She could velcro her way from Catholic School Girl to New Wave Fashionista on the goddamn school bus. I could've totally worked those looks. I even had the blonde bob to go with it.

The best:

The Double Dimetrodon (I had to look that one up)















The Giant Cricket hat and ochre-striped, off-the-shoulder, oversized, backless top.





























Skyscraper Side Pony













The Daniel Boone





















If somehow you lived in a CAVE in 1985 or just have a Y chromosome, please view and enjoy the trailer embedded below. ENJOY IT. I'm off to go buy oversized plastic bugs.





Images via House of Self-Indulgence, The Decadent Decade, No Good For Me, Dilemma Knows Fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment