Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Serious research: Bieber vs. Billy Dee perfume experiment



Soooo I just found out about Justin Bieber's newly launched perfume. In and of itself, the launch is ripe with blog fodder. Yesterday Justin tweeted that "A real man knows what a woman wants." I mean, the jokes just write themselves.




Celebrity men hawking women's perfume is not totally uncommon, but it does take a special man to make it a success. I remember a similar joe, alike in almost every way to the Biebs, making women swoon similarly with his velvety perfume ads. That, my friends, is the Undeniable Billy Dee Williams. You may also remember him from Colt 45 ads.



Although no longer sold in stores (it's heyday was in the early 90s), eBay does have Billy Dee's Undeniable fragrance available. I really want to put old swagger to the test with the rookie.

So here's what I propose: A Bieber vs. Billy Dee scent challenge.

In real life I'm a SERIOUS RESEARCHER, and I know about the importance of control and well-defined operationalization in any experiment. The outcome of the study is simple, and the reason any girl wears perfume (ever): To get as much play as possible. Amirite?

Because I am an eager guinea pig for any situation that allows me to engage in mass amounts of flirting, I will be the primary tester.

The design is simple: Test each perfume on unwitting male participants, controlling for as many confounding variables as possible. I will be sure to show the same amount of cleavage with each scent, so not to give an unfair advantage to either the Biebs or the BD. I will avoid testing when ovulating, cause lord knows I just can't control the aggressive tone that my pick-up lines take on during this period.
Colt 45 will not be consumed during testing.

Cool? I will keep you posted. Ladies, feel free to email me if you'd like to participate as well. I'm a Belieber 4 Life, but my money is on Lando Calrissian. Dude had a killer mustache.







Images via New York Daily News, myspace,, Geek Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment