Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Emo: Animals can do it too.



Currently tearing up over Isa Lesko's portraits of elderly animals. As my Elsie and Emma puppies approach the ages of 11 and 9, respectively, and my creepy foster turtle approaches 30, I am all-too cognizant of their mortality.






I linked TeenAngster's profile of Martin Usborne's piece on Friday but it's so moving, it deserves another look. My husband and I always wonder how much our dogs understand the car at all. Is it like a magic teleportation device to them? How much do they understand that they are really moving? Is it like a temporary home? We try not to leave our dogs in the car ever, more for fear that they would terrorize others rather than be terrorized, although looking into the eyes of these pups it's hard not to feel dog-mom empathy.



Emo Animals in art and design:

Pensive Raven via Etsy

Crying bunny double brooch via Etsy

"Humility" via Etsy


Now, to cheer you up- visit Animals with Emo Haircuts on Smosh and Emo Animal lolz on The Daily Green.

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't deal with the photography when i first saw it last week. Tears.

    ReplyDelete