Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cartagena and North Colombia: My Romancing the Stone fantasy.


Image via Glam Chic


I remember seeing Romancing the Stone with my mom and her best friend around the ripe young age of 8 or so. Nothing makes moms swoon like Michael Douglas's feathered 80s hair and dramatic knife-brandishing. Even then, I fell in love with the idea of traveling to the exotic Colombian land.
This is my fantasy vacation. Feel free to donate. ;)


Camping in Parque Nacional Tayrona

Supposedly one of the most picturesque beaches in South America. So, you know, up to my standards.





Images via NY Times

Beach camping leads to a layer of sand, salt and muck at all times, so I might as well have a pretty toenails. I love this color by Scotch for humid, mosquito-y nights.



Dancing in Cartagena


Remember Joan and Jack finally made it to Cartagena to shower and dance? This is where I'll be washing off the jungle grime. The Hotel Aguamarina.





Images via Destino Antioqua,
Trip Advisor






Cartagena images via NY Times

I'll have my lovah pick up a linen maxi dress like this one from Victoria's Secret to put on my clean bod before dancing, Kathleen Turner style (i.e. lots of hair-tossing).



Alcohol and Drugs in Taganga.

I'll close out the trip with some cocaine (hey, it's Colombia, right?) and local suds followed by stimulant-induced flirting in this dream-like beach town.


Image via Wikipedia

For sipping beers as the boats slide by, I'll flick my wrist wearing these light fabric bangles from Modcloth. And little else, darlin'.



I'm aiming for February 2012. Men with chiseled features are welcome to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment